G4S is one of the leading providers of specialist security to the mining sector in South Africa and works with a range of national and international companies to ensure that their personnel, property and facilities are able to operate safely and securely.
G4S offers a total package of integrated risk management services to the mining sector, which range from the ultra-high risk protection of precious metals and minerals, to community protection, reaction teams and investigations. Our success in this sector is largely due to the fact that we are able to draw on the vast experience we have gained in mining over the past 70 years. In addition, we lead the security industry in the effective integration of technology and highly-trained sector-specific human resources which results in the delivery of an extremely effective detection and deterrent function.
Our current mining customers include those in the following niche markets:
- Base metals mining
- Coal mining
- Gold mining
- Platinum mining
- Diamond mining
- Precious metals refineries
As a differentiator, G4S has developed a training module specifically for the mining industry, based on bespoke, in-depth risk analysis of the specialised environment.
Since our acquisition of Skycom in late 2010, we have been able to provide the industry with a unique and proven Time & Access control system, which has been developed for the mining industry in conjunction with one of the leading mining companies.
G4S has the resources, the capacity and the proven expertise to deliver fully-integrated security solutions to meet current and future industry requirements. Our sector specialists ensure that our customers receive best practice solutions based on experience from around the world.
The specialist mining services we offer are diverse and include:
- Manned guarding
- Close protection services
- Canine support (patrol dogs trained in both narcotic and bomb detection)
- Supervision and reaction
- High-level patrols
- Surveillance (CCTV and high-risk areas)
- Loss control (assets)
- Quality audits
- Mobile escorts (bullion or precious gems)
- Riot control / labour unrest
- Intelligence gathering, analysis and dissemination
- Risk audits specifically designed for the mining industry
- Customized employees recruitment, screening and vetting, training and scheduling programs
- Weighbridge operation and management
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Alarm monitoring and ROM
- Specialist access control / time and attendance systems
- Lamp room management
- Under-cover operatives
- On-site investigations and forensics teams
- Cash management
- On-site monitoring
- Technology systems such as CCTV, intrusion alarms
- Security management software