Securing our environment
As an organisation that specialises in the management of risk, we recognise the impact that our business activities can have on the environment.
The threat to people and infrastructure as a result of climate change is an important and on-going concern and we are therefore committed to managing this impact in a responsible manner.
Through our Climate Action Programme, we are endeavouring to be the leader in our industry in measuring, reporting and reducing the intensity of our environmental impact. We have partnered with our customers, employees and suppliers to invest in energy efficient technologies to reduce waste and water consumption. We have made considerable progress in this regard and continue to take steps to increase our energy efficiency and reduce our environmental impact.
Key achievements for 2013
- Reduction of 4,9% in total emissions for 2013
- Reduction of carbon intensity of 23,5% for the period 2009-2013
- Increased number of environmental projects conducted throughout the region
- All countries in the region reporting their carbon Emissions
Priorities for 2014
- Increased accuracy in carbon emissions reporting
- Introduction of additional environmental awareness and training programs
- Implementation of carbon reduction strategies focused on further carbon reductions and increased efficiencies